Comments on group member’s blogs:
Whew, what a week and I say that with other things in life involved as well combined with the DS106 lifestyle. Hard to imagine it’s already week five. I learned a lot this week, ranging from photography techniques and skills to pimping up my flickr and a lot of other small, but useful things.
I started off this week by a forming a group with some of our classmates, consisting of myself, Cooper, Daniel, Thomas, and Ryan. We all ultimately decided that our group will be know as “Picante Radio”.
Next thing I did was the four required daily creates. The first one I did was to record an audio file of my local radio and see what they played during a live broadcast. The second one I did was an attempt to draw my professor, and in this case, was professor Polack. Granted, my artistic ability was very poor but I think I got it down accurately? The third one was where I had to record a short audio file of basically what sounds go on in everyday outside life. I managed to get a chirping bird and a lot of other small noises that reflect the beauty of life. Lastly, the fourth one was to create something using only string, and I ended up creating (or tried to at least) Godzilla, the king of all monsters.
I then moved on to the photo blitz assignment. It was a pretty fun assignment, although the given tutorial irked me a first because the current flickr did not match the one being illustrated in the tutorial but I managed to adapt to the changes pretty quickly nonetheless. While on the topic of flickr, I went ahead and began to pimp out my flickr and chose the best photos I thought were deemed worthy to belong in a “best of” type of set. I attempted to try and embed the set itself but it would not work for some reason, even though I had found a plugin for wordpress that allowed sets to be present on posts. I also went on to change the URL from the given weird combo of symbols, numbers, and letters, to “deviantangel”, which in the ends looks like: https://www.flickr.com/photos/deviantangel/. I also used David duChemin’s ten tips to help me do both assignments.
Lastly, I started to work on the visual assignments, which had to equate to eight stars in total, with about three or so already given from the required Apophenia assignment. The other two assignments I ended up choosing where the Album Cover and the Color Splash one. All three of these ended meeting the required eight star minimum.
As each day of this class goes on, the more knowledge I develop of digital storytelling, along with the many elements it has. For example, last week, I learned about the audio aspect of it, and this week, I learned the visual aspect of it. However, I am still getting used to all these techniques but I am definitely more comfortable and less anxious about these assignments. Looking back from the start of this semester to now, I like to think I’d improved in some areas but not all of them as I would hope but I am optimistic about the future and what lies ahead of me.
Until next week folks!